March 12, 2013

Jake Bible's "Dead Mech" podcast ceases production

Fans of the the Apex Trilogy by Jake Bible got some bad news in their podcast feeds this week. The very popular podcast version of Jake's novels about Mechanized warriors battling the undead and a cabal of neuro-mancers for control of the world has came to an unceremonious end. Due to personal and professional reasons Jake has decided to end his self-funded recording and production of the podcast. Based on an interview on the Dead Robots Podcast Jake laid out the scenario. Nobody was listening, buying his books or answering his calls to action.
Buy Jake's Apex Trilogy:

I was always surprised that he put the entire novelizations on the internet for all to read. Just to be fair I do have copies of the first two books in the series as well as another book "Stark". Jake is a good writer with a flair for the unbelievable. Jake put alot of his heart and soul into the podcast. It shows in the production value. I was enjoying his weekly serialization of "Metal and Ash" and will immediately purchase it on Amazon. For a sample of the "Metal and Ash" reading check out the last episode included here as an enclosure.
If you are a fan of Jake and his Dead Mech "Spinner" drop in on his blog and beg him to take donations to finish the novel.  Jake's announcement ending the podcast is below.

With A Heavy Heart I leave Podcasting…: So I’m sitting here and I’m struggling. No big deal really since struggle is my middle name. Actually my middle name is… oh, who cares. You see, the problem, the reason I’m struggling is because I am a person that has always ripped his life apart and rebuilt it from the burning ashes of my [...]

No comments:

Post a Comment